Young Life || Teacher Staff - Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Dar es Salaam is the capital of Tanzania and also the heart of divisional Young Life in Africa and the Middle East. Young Life introduces adolescents to Jesus Christ and helps them grow in their faith. Africa, meanwhile, is a continent of young people with more than 75 percent of the population of sub-Sahara Africa under the age of 25. The divisional staff and many of the indigenous staff and leaders live in Dar es Salaam and are looking for an individual to join their team at a partnering international school called Haven of Peace Academy (HOPAC) in a teacher staff position.
- Demonstrate spiritual leadership on a personal and professional level.
- Develop a community of volunteer leaders — some to work with adolescents and others to serve on committee.
- Develop a plan to train, disciple and develop volunteer leaders.
- Responsible for personal funding needed on top of wages earned from teaching.
- Participate in dynamic direct ministry with kids.
- Participate in annual staff events and training events.
- Teach between 15-20 lessons a week at a local high school.
- Prepare and organize English conversation lessons.
- Run an after-school English club or other English activity outside the classroom.
- Maintain professional relationships with the school principal as well as other teachers.
- Adventurous and adaptable attitude for a new culture. Must be able to relate, work and build community in a multicultural, multilingual area.
- Three or more years of teaching experience.
- Bachelor or graduate degree and supportive references.
- Experience as a Young Life volunteer preferred.
- Vision and ability to recruit, develop and multiply leaders.
- Ability to identify and develop fundraising opportunities within the local community.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Proven relational skills with both kids and adults.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Language school required if not fluent in native language.