Young Life || Teacher Staff - Prague, Czech Republic
Aug 1 2019 - Aug 1 2022
Description:Prague is the capital city of the Czech Republic and where some of the Young Life regional staff reside. Local area directors in Prague are partnering with a variety of expat staff to lead a robust and healthy Young Life area. We are looking for a teacher staff person to supplement and grow the ministry in this vibrant and historic city.
- Demonstrate spiritual leadership on a personal and professional level.
- Develop a community of Czech volunteer leaders — some to work with adolescents and others to serve on committee.
- Develop a plan to train, disciple and develop Czech volunteer leaders.
- Responsible for personal funding needed on top of wages earned from teaching.
- Participate in dynamic direct ministry with kids.
- Participate in annual staff events and training events.
- Teach between 15-20 lessons a week at a local high school.
- Prepare and organize English conversation lessons.
- Run an after-school English club or other English activity outside the classroom.
- Maintain professional relationships with the school principal as well as other teachers.
- Adventurous and adaptable attitude for a new culture. Must be able to relate, work and build community in a multicultural, multilingual area.
- Teacher experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience as a Young Life volunteer required.
- Vision and ability to recruit, develop and multiply leaders.
- Ability to identify and develop fundraising opportunities within the local community.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- College degree required.
- Proven relational skills with both kids and adults.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Language school required if not fluent in native language.
Benefits:Housing supplements and cost of living adjustments help make living overseas affordable for international staff. In addition, staff may raise funds and be reimbursed for the purchase of a vehicle, an annual personal trip to see family, pre-K through 12th grade private school education for dependent children, language school, moving expenses, and a one-time bonus of up to two-months’ salary.
How to Inquire:If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact the Young Life's International employment coordinator at 800-330-0628 or [email protected] To better help us serve you in your inquiry process, please send in a Resume and Cover Letter via email to [email protected]
No stories have been posted for this opportunity yet.